Anglican Parish of Braidwood

| Home | Anglican Women | Services | Special Services | Ministry Team and Co-ordinators | The Link | Acting Rector | Past Ministry | Parish News | Ministry Team | Parish Directory | Parish Groups | Gundillion | Union Church Araluen | St Pauls Ballalaba | St Stephens Majors Creek | Parish Church of St Andrew | St Andrews Organ | Parish History | Parish Events

St Stephens Majors Creek

Centre of Majors Creek

ststephens.jpg
St Stephens Majors Creek 1870

The village of Majors Creek is located 16kms south of Braidwood.  The foundation stone of St Stephens Church was laid 10th November 1870, completed 1872 and dedicated 6th September 1880.

St Stephens is built of hand cut local stone by noted stonemason Peter Rusconi.

It originally had a shingle roof later being replaced by fibro slates. The Pews are handcut cedar and sassafras and the Altar Rail, Reading Desk are cedar. The Pulpit built by Alexander Hicks Fairley was originally in the first St Andrews at Braidwood. Various furnishings and memorials are dedicated to loved ones.  The  Smith American Reed Organ (1890-1900) is still in use today.

The church is a popular venue for country weddings and is also used as a venue for the Annual Music at the Creek Festival.


Celebrations that have been held include the Centenary of the Laying of the Foundation on All Saints Day 1st November 1970, 130th Anniversary of the Laying of the Foundation Stone 28th October 2000, and 125th Anniversary of Consecration on 4th September 2005.



Monthly services are held on the first Sunday of each month at 10-00am (or advised otherwise);Visitors are always welcome.

Rectors Warden Mr Brian McDonald OAM 48461157, Peoples Warden Mrs Marjorie Lemin 48461243

organ1.jpg
Smith American Reed Organ (1890-1900)

stephen.jpg
Interior of St Stephens

dsc00093.jpg
Thanksgiving Service for Music

dsc00098.jpg
Outside St Stephens after Thanksgiving Service